Sunday, January 8, 2012

More on the same Railing Project

I am posting a few images to show the spiral part of the same railing project I posted back in July. These photos are not great because the were taken with an ipod. But I think you can still get the idea. Shawn has done a nice job of taking our pieces and welding up the railing. Wraping the bottom post was a nice touch.

One hard part about this spiral was Shawn had to build the frame in place in the house, then cut it out in two pieces and bring it back to the shop where I could get true measurements of each space. As you go down the spiral it gets steeper and also tighter. It was a real challenge getting it all to work.

Now the trick is once it is powder coated Shawn must snake it back in to the house and get it back in place. And believe me when I tell you this is one heavy piece of railing.

 

1 comment:

  1. Make sure you take the time to clean the surface of any dust, oil, rust, or other contaminates that can hamper the electrical current.

    ReplyDelete